One 3.5 gallon bag of bonsai soil. BonsaiJack Inorganic Soil Mix 11011
Ingredients: All inorganic. 25% 1/4 Pumice, 25% 1/4 BonsaiBlock(calcined clay), 25% 1/4 Lava and 25% Turface.
Absorption Rate: .071 ounces per cubic inch
Evaporation Rate: 50.7% over 24 hours. 80.51% over 48 hours.
Re-water Days: 1-2
Bulk Density: .387 ounces per cubic inch
Particle Size: ¼ Inch (excluding Turface particles)
Minimum Size: 1/8th (excluding Turface particles)
Maximum Size: 3/8ths
Application: Universal mix for trees that are repotted every 1-10 years.
Did you know?
Up to 50 percent of Bonsai Jack raw mine material is not suitable for bonsai and is discarded during production. This ensures you receive a ready to use consistently sized aggregate.
Bonsai Jack products are not simply repackaged raw mine material with a guestimated volume. An average of 18 minutes is spent processing each bag of aggregate before it reaches your door. Some aggregates require 20 minutes per gallon.
A perfect tree in the perfect soil can still suffer. Factors such as water PH and fertilizer are additional variables to consider. We provide products backed by real science. Its important to apply this science to your local environment. What works in one city may not work the best in another.
All of Bonsai Jack soil products are state inspected and tested on a regular basis in order to comply with interstate regulations. This ensures you receive material free of dangerous pathogens that can damage or kill bonsai trees. This is also required to maintain nursery stamps that permit interstate shipments.
- Proprietary mix resulting from 100 plus lab tests.
- Optimized for pH, water absorption, evaporation, bulk density and particle size.
- Available in 2 Quart, 1 Gallon, 2 Gallon, 3.5 Gallon, 7 Gallon, 14 Gallon and 28 Gallon SKUs
- Bonsai Jack products are ordered by the full truck load, crushed, screened to 1/4 inch, rinsed/washed, insect inspected, dried, PH tested, CEC/cation exchange capacity tested, moisture retention tested, moisture release tested, nematode tested, bagged and shipped to your door.
- BonsaiJack offers two bonsai soil mixes. Inorganic(11011) and organic(221).
Organic(221) is recommended for bonsai trees still in development and/or repotted every 1-4 years. Inorganic(11011) is recommended for finished bonsai trees that are repotted every 4-10 years. 221 organic is the best choice for the vast majority of bonsai.