Coconut coir is the fiber from the husks of coconuts. Our product is fully washed to reduce the risk of salt buildup in your soil. Coir will loosen compacted clay soils and add substance and water retention to sandy soils. Unlike peat moss, coconut coir is sustainable and a by-product of coconut harvesting. It is also pH neutral unlike peat moss. Our coconut coir is listed with the Organic Materials Review Institute (OMRI) as approved for use in organic gardening. Coconut coir is also a preferred medium for use in hydroponics and aquaponics, and is an excellent choice for earthworm bedding. Each brick expands to 2 cubic feet when water is added.
- Improves drainage, aeration and water retention in any soil type
- 100% compressed coconut coir, fully washed to reduce salt level
- A natural and sustainable alternative to peat moss. OMRI Listed
- Great for use in potting mixes or as a growing medium in hydroponics
- Excellent for starting seeds or for worm bedding