Bright Red Beautiful Flowers. Sow seeds in late fall or as soon as the soil can be worked in the spring. Plant just below the surface, lightly compacting the soil. Keep the soil consistently moist until germination, which usually occurs within 10-20 days. Do not attempt to move seedlings, since they resent having their roots disturbed.
- A must for your flower garden! American Legion Poppies are red and tend to be 12-18 inches tall once they mature, with beautiful blueish green foliage that branches out alternately.
- The Red American Legion Poppy is a symbol of remembrance and fabulous for Veterans. Each stem has a solitary flower with four large petals that will close in the nighttime or when it gets cold, but will reopen when conditions brighten or warm.
- The soil must be average or well-drained in order to have optimal results. The flowers will tolerate sandy soil and loamy soil.
- It’s known as being one of the most famous wildflowers to be naturally grown in the world, and can cover entire hillsides, especially on the Pacific Coast. Common Names: Common poppy, Common Red poppy, Corn poppy, Flanders poppy, Shirley poppy Latin Name: Papaver rhoeas Species Origin: Introduced US Wildflower Type: Garden Flowers Life Cycle: Annual
- USDA Zones: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12: For more of Isla’s Garden Seed products, enter Isla’s Garden Seeds into your search bar on Amazon! Please submit a 5 star review to help the continued success of our Garden Seed Company!