VermisTerra Coco Coir is pre-rinsed coco media that’s environmentally friendly. 70% coco coir and 30% coco husk chips. They’re rinsed and contain low salt. Our blend is great for container plants, hydroponics, mushroom production, soil amendment, garden soil, reptile bedding, and more. Coco husk chips last 3-5 years in your garden before breaking down into a loamy consistency. The coir comes compressed so you get more and is convenient for storage. This blend is a biodegradable growing medium that’s a natural and safe choice for growers. Coconut coir has a natural composition of lignins, which are a natural polymer that encourage the growth of beneficial micro-organisms in gardening capacity. Earthworm castings can also be added to stimulate the microbial community. Just add water and soak your brick for at least 1 hour before using. A fully hydrated brick can hold 8-10 times its volume in water. Coco coir is a natural and renewable resource.
- 100% natural, renewable source and biodegradable
- Pre-Rinsed, low EC (low salt), near neutral pH
- 30% Coco Chips provide excellent aeration, promoting strong root growth and plant vigor
- Weighs approximately 9 LBS compressed, expands to 1.7 cu ft
- High water holding capacity, excellent wettability